Dave Roseberry, Fair Manager
Andrea Woollen, Marketing Director
Sammi Kaslon, Office Manager
Randy Bentz, Grounds & Maintenance Manager
Preston McDowell, Grounds Keeper
Mike Neargarder, Grounds Keeper
Don Hull, Custodian
Buffalo County Fairgrounds Facilities Manager
We are looking for an experienced Facilities Manager to oversee all building and grounds-related activities. This position reports directly to the General Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage and maintain the upkeep of equipment and supplies
- Maintains and repairs heating, air conditioning, mechanical, plumbing and electrical systems
- Inspect buildings’ structures to determine the need for repairs or renovations
- Review utilities consumption and strive to minimize costs
- Supervise all facilities staff (custodians, groundskeepers, summer help) and external contractors
- Perform various duties to ensure the day-to-day operations of the facility are met
- Control activities like parking space allocation, waste disposal, building security, grounds maintenance, snow removal etc.
- Participate in all aspects of the conversion process in preparation for events (setting up, tearing down, cleanup)
- Assist with pre/post event cleaning and janitorial tasks including, but not limited to, sweeping, mopping, dusting, trash removal, vacuuming, spot cleaning, window washing, bleacher cleanup, etc.
- Perform repairs and maintenance tasks such as painting, patching, re-lamping, replacing ceiling tiles, replacing filters, etc.
- Report irregularities, discrepancies, safety or damage concerns or loss of property to Manager
- Proven experience as facilities manager or relevant position
- Well-versed in technical/engineering operations and facilities management best practices
- Working knowledge of electrical, mechanical and HVAC systems (not required but beneficial)
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Demonstrate knowledge of typical methods and techniques for cleaning and maintaining the facility, and proper use and care of hand and power tools
- Must perform strenuous physical duties at times, including lifting, carrying, moving and climbing, position will work inside conditions and outdoors and may be exposed to changing weather, adverse smells, dust and sights, loud sounds, etc.
- Operate equipment such as light trucks, pallet jacks, forklifts, loader, tractors, boom lifts, scrubbing machines or other light power-driven equipment
- Work effectively under pressure and/or stringent schedule and produce accurate results
- Work independently, exercising judgement and initiative, make decisions and delegate tasks
- Maintain an effective working relationship with clients, employees, patrons and others
- Individuals must be capable of operating vehicles safely and have an acceptable driving record
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- 40 Hour Work Week, Typically General Hours are M-F 8 am to 5 pm with some weekends and holidays and Buffalo County Fair
Salary and Benefits:
- Salary based on experience
- As a full-time, regular employee, benefit options include:
- Medical Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Vacation and Sick Leave
Send Resume and References to: firstname.lastname@example.org, Attn: Dave Roseberry.